project progress and sneak peeks

i tend to do a lot of projects, i.e. works that are big enough that i can't do it in one sitting, and it can be very motivating to be able to show it to people. so im going to use this thread to showcase these projects as i am working on them! feel free to also share progress on your own projects

ive been working on my commission sheet. im planning on doing two kinds of commissions - minecraft skins (which i already do) and vector icons (new). here are some examples of vectors ive done in the past for example:
[Image: mint.png][Image: 101_18_06_23_8_43_18.png][Image: lou.png]
the commission sheet i'm working on will be a section of my personal website, because i love an opportunity to flex my web design skills. also, i personally find webpages easier to read than images

originally it was this like... minimalist pink webpage, but i have a particular distaste towards minimalism so i was not very satisfied.

[Image: old_comms.png]

after browsing y2kaestheticinstitute on tumblr for about an hour i blantantly copied took inspiration from the designs i saw there and formed it into a page with a little more style to it! im very happy with how this is coming out

[Image: Screenshot_2023-06-20_at_17-42-46_PORTFI...licies.png]

also i made it compatible with mobile, which is always very nice

[Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]

working on the section of the commission page for minecraft skins

I looove the Minecraft skin viewer. I never would have thought of something like that myself, not even searching to see if it already existed like you did. Great work so far!

i am really pleased with the skin viewer! i was super surprised to find a frontend js-only tool for previewing minecraft skins, and i was pretty floored when the one i found just so happened to have every single feature i wanted in a skin viewer

another benefit of making this a webpage instead of an image. i didn't think about it but you cant exactly embed a 3d minecraft skin viewer into an image. lol

it does feel like more people are holding an appreciation for indie web efforts, like if i showed people my HTML/CSS/JS work a few years ago it wouldn't have been as impressive, but now more and more people are like "Wtf i wanna do that"

(06-21-2023, 08:56 PM)huckleton Wrote: it does feel like more people are holding an appreciation for indie web efforts, like if i showed people my HTML/CSS/JS work a few years ago it wouldn't have been as impressive, but now more and more people are like "Wtf i wanna do that"

I feel that! I've been running independent websites for literally as long as I've been on the internet and this is the first time people have ever treated me like anything other than an asocial loser who can't use Twitter. (I have to make a concentrated effort to not get bitter about it because this is what I've wanted for forever. But there are some moments where it does kinda feel like a bunch of humans flipped over our rock and are going "wow, nobody lives under here, I'm gonna become the first ever insect that lives under this rock")

well!!!!!! its done!!!!!!!!! https://commissions.portfiend.quest/
i never focus this hard on a web project unless i get an idea for it thats REALLY good. i cant believe this took me only two days