Do you Give Blood?

Hi, it's Nick. I started giving blood at the end of last year. Three times now! I have become very cold and nauseated every time. I have become addicted to the Blood Snacks:tm:

Please find attached my map of places that my blood has gone. They're very far from me.

[Image: IMG_2769.jpg]

I've given blood a couple times, at my doctor's recommendation, but I haven't done it in years. The one place I used to donate before I moved still calls me sometimes asking for donations, though.

I tried to donate plasma a couple times last year but had a bad reaction to the chemicals they use to put the non-plasma blood back in, so I passed out both times...not doing that again.

I have always wanted to sell my plasma but due to Certain Circumstances I cannot. Maybe I should just donate whole blood for free....

(05-22-2024, 02:47 AM)palabomeno Wrote: I have always wanted to sell my plasma but due to Certain Circumstances I cannot. Maybe I should just donate whole blood for free....

Even if you do donate 'for free' they have sent me 15-30$ in gift certificates to wherever I want every time. So that's a very nice incentive.

I've donated blood a few times! the first couple times were fine but the last three i did before my top surgery made me almost faint, and i threw up at one of them :( Since then I haven't donated since it makes me so sick no matter what

I would like to give blood, I will probably have to one day, but my body has a funny superpower where if it senses a butterfly needle within 1 mile of it I have a panic attack disproportionate to my actual mood and I die. Prick

babu baba baby

in Canada if you're a gay man who's sexually active you're "not allowed" :/
It should come as no surprise though that I do meet that criteria. However, I kinda boycott on principal? which is fucked up I guess, people need blood even my shitty junk food sugar in the McDonalds fries blood, it tastes good yes but should you really have it all the time blood, but I have a friend who's a universal donor who legally can't donate, so it pisses me off.

In additional news, I'm going to swap to join the bone marrow registry. I'm going to do that and send it out Monday.