Quaker Recall (the quaker oats guy shits in all of the products personally)
Cookie Num Num 

Quaker recalls dozens of granola bars and cereals due to a possible salmonella risk

Quote:The FDA on Friday announced that the Quaker Oats Company is recalling a variety of granola bars and granola cereals due to the possibility that they are contaminated with the bacteria salmonella, which can be deadly.

Quaker Oats Recall List

Quote:Affected products all have expiration dates of Oct. 31, 2024 or earlier, per the FDA. Anyone with the recalled products in their pantries should dispose of them.

How did "the quaker oats guy shit in all of the products?"

Quote:We don't know yet, and we might never know. Keep an eye on updates from the FDA and CDC. You may be able to receive additional information from a FOIA request, but that can depend on a ton of factors like confidentiality and who created the document trail. Instead, let's look at the problem from a systems context.

Oats can be contaminated with Salmonella (among others, see this survey for other indicators) from multiple sources, whether it be from soil, wastewater runoff, or contact with actual shit from known Salmonella vectors like birds. If these products were contaminated with desiccation resistant serovars, the Salmonella could have survived the cooking process (if applicable to the product) and contaminated production equipment. With inadequate sanitation, the equipment could have contaminated newly produced products, leading to where we are now. Additionally, Salmonella could have entered the production line from a roof leak (birds like to hang out on roofs) or other structural issues in the facility. There are tons of possible scenarios here.

TL;DR: Salmonella sucks. Profit over product safety sucks. Throw out any foods linked to the Quaker recall for your safety.

Well that sucks. I probably should actually check my pantry. But I think we can all agree...

MMMMM YUMMYY

babu baba baby

Messages In This Thread
Quaker Recall (the quaker oats guy shits in all of the products personally) - by brilokuloj - 01-17-2024, 08:41 PM