Scary Flying Heads
Sonic - Scary 

This is for an upcoming blog post.

Ever notice how many video game enemies are scary flying heads?

Scarfy from Kirby

Can you think of any that freaked you out? Do you have any personal anecdotes? I think I'm on to something here.

babu baba baby

I think the Medusa heads from Castlevania are about as iconic as it gets

LOST SOULS

(09-24-2024, 02:59 PM)palabomeno Wrote: LOST SOULS

This is a really good one, I had written down Cacodemons but those don't really feel like "just" heads to me for whatever reason

This also made me realize that the scariness of monsters in DOOM horror WADs always ends up hinging on the Lost Soul AI

babu baba baby

it is like impossible to find a good pic of this thing without playing myself but pokemon snakewood has a severed head trainer class

[Image: SEVEREDHEAD.png]

Holy shit. That is the funniest thing ever

Okay here's my example: Face Raiders. Literally an entire game about scary flying heads. It comes pre-installed on the 3DS, and I'm sure this meant a lot of kids spent a lot of time playing it, but I played only the first stage or two before I got too scared and had to stop. The sounds they make, the fact that it's photos of people's faces manipulated by the game ways the faces they are taken from don't usually move, the fact that they are COMING AT YOU! IN 3D!

(09-24-2024, 02:58 PM)brilokuloj Wrote: This is for an upcoming blog post.

Ever notice how many video game enemies are scary flying heads?

Scarfy from Kirby

Can you think of any that freaked you out? Do you have any personal anecdotes? I think I'm on to something here.

as a kid i always fantasized about keeping them as pets

phantos were the singular reason i never actually played super mario bros 2 when i was younger, not out of fear but out of anger