Eggcraft 4

As I've talked about many times both on stream and on Discord, I am making the difficult decision to reboot the Eggcraft server again, this time into a modded server.

Q&A
Why?
Eggcraft 1 and 2 were thriving, if small, servers that ran from 1.13 to 1.16. It was only with Mojang's decision to split the Caves & Cliffs update into two parts, and their updates going forward, that Eggcraft has become a chore for me.

Regardless of how you feel about Mojang, none of my users have been thrilled - some players did not want Allays, others very much did, every update takes at least a week for me to implement on the server, and the Nether road to newly-generated world content grows comically long. All of this and I have no options to change anything about these features; I'm at the mercy of Mojang. Exhausting!

What mods?
Eggcraft 4 will run my own fork of Crucial 2, which will definitely also have Create, and I'm open to suggestions for any other must-have mods.

How can I run mods?
I'll be more ready to answer technical support questions once I'm closer to the update, but in short, I recommend PrismLauncher. Crucial 2 claims to be a lightweight mod pack so I'm hoping it won't fry your laptops too bad.

Will you upload the world file?
Probably not. It's a huge file and I don't know where to securely host something like that.

When?
All users have until January 1st to make backups of their builds. I recommend Litematica.

looking forward to the relaunch- we may join in on playing!

CRUCIAL 2 :looking:

A thing that I'm worried about, is that I know how to install a modpack, but I don't really know how to make one that I can share with other people. Unfortunately it seems that Crucial 2 is only hosted on Curseforge, which I would rather not use if I could help it (associates with known data-harvesting bloatware Overwolf, funding genocide, the time they distributed viruses) - yet I'm not sure what the alternative is when Crucial 2 is not available through Modrinth?

Anyway I'll look all of this up closer to December but I'm writing it down here I guess

many launchers support special modpack .zip formats; i know prismlauncher can easily export modpacks as either prismlauncher or modrinth packs. i am not sure how compatible they are with other launchers though. i know most versions of prismlauncher (multimc, polymc, etc.) do not change their modpack format but i dont know how compatible it is with other launchers (atl)

(11-13-2023, 02:56 AM)huckleton Wrote: many launchers support special modpack .zip formats; i know prismlauncher can easily export modpacks as either prismlauncher or modrinth packs. i am not sure how compatible they are with other launchers though. i know most versions of prismlauncher (multimc, polymc, etc.) do not change their modpack format but i dont know how compatible it is with other launchers (atl)

Oh, so making my own modpack zip would be OK? That's super great, especially that I could configure stuff in PrismLauncher and then export that. I would have done that in the first place but I was worried about stepping on toes with file redistribution - I guess that can't really be enforced though.

minecraft :-)

Nothing amazing happening yet but HEY YOU CAN HAVE CUSTOM PLAYER MODELS:

[Image: shulk.png]

unfortunately I know nothing about these and had no examples to test with so I just took his head off.

babu baba baby

Some additions that have been going well so far:

• Custom Player Models - I made a Billy! It's fun!
  • I think Joy of Painting will solve the conundrum I was having of "how to handle map art?"

Some ponderings:

• Time to figure out if I can re-implement Optifine bonuses
  • I could add King St Bee. I could just add her.

babu baba baby

I have to go to sleep but king st bee is in minecrft now

babu baba baby