The Eggware.XYZ Book Club

Here is my book club there is only one rule:

• Read book

Anyway, some prompts for this thread, pick one and go:

• What have you been reading lately?
  • Any interesting occurrences at your local library?
  • Any book recs?
  • Do you have an account on a Reading Site (e.g. Goodreads, Storygraph, Bookwyrm)?

Reading has always been hard for me. I managed to whip through The Apple II Age because it was exactly up my alley, but now I'm back to having to accept the vast majority of books are going to be a struggle for me.

I'm currently working through "Under the Henfluence", which I don't know if I would recommend just yet because I have no idea if it's going to take a sudden turn into classism, but I am enjoying it.

I would really like an e-reader, but that's hard. I don't feel right spending even "only" $50-100 when I have to pay off my credit card as it is. I was interested in using my 3DS as an e-reader but that's not a market that seems to exist, I might even have to code it myself - here's someone using a reader made for the DS, terrible pixel ratio and all.

Or I could just work through my massive collection of books I've gotten from book sales, so that I can donate more to my local Little Free Library. But that's hard too

I finished the chicken book. It was pretty good!

Now I'm reading a book that's, um... well...

Anyway, the chicken book was decent, though towards the end of course it had to get in some words about vegan feminism (largely harmless but I just don't agree with putting responsibility on consumers). It did make me think more about chickens, though, which are already one of my favorite animals. And then yesterday I ran into an article about chickens being mass-killed for bird flu and I think the juxtaposition of it really made it click a little more for me. Then today I was out at the park and there were geese and it just got me thinking... man, those are whole little creatures out there.

babu baba baby

mister magic

Not a book in the least, but a reminder that you can get cool stuff from the library

[Image: su.jpg]

This is even cooler in person. Interlibrary loans are AWESOME and NOT SCARY.

babu baba baby

Depression has kicked my ass for reading this year but I'm going to get past it if it kills me. Just picked up The Elements of Style (writing reference book) and Jurassic Park.

babu baba baby

(11-13-2023, 02:12 PM)brilokuloj Wrote: Reading has always been hard for me. I managed to whip through The Apple II Age because it was exactly up my alley, but now I'm back to having to accept the vast majority of books are going to be a struggle for me.

I'm currently working through "Under the Henfluence", which I don't know if I would recommend just yet because I have no idea if it's going to take a sudden turn into classism, but I am enjoying it.

I would really like an e-reader, but that's hard. I don't feel right spending even "only" $50-100 when I have to pay off my credit card as it is. I was interested in using my 3DS as an e-reader but that's not a market that seems to exist, I might even have to code it myself - here's someone using a reader made for the DS, terrible pixel ratio and all.

Or I could just work through my massive collection of books I've gotten from book sales, so that I can donate more to my local Little Free Library. But that's hard too

Could definitely send you my e-reader I never use if wanted. But otherwise I haven't read anything since Feely asked me to speed read all of F-451 for an assignment in 3 hours. I have a ton to books I'd like to read but I'm never in the mood...

(04-30-2024, 01:35 AM)Unknown Wrote: Could definitely send you my e-reader I never use if wanted.

Oh I would adore that. I never know how to modestly accept gifts, but my birthday's coming up next month and I was considering getting one, so it's at least not a non-sequitur.

babu baba baby

(04-30-2024, 03:28 PM)brilokuloj Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 01:35 AM)Unknown Wrote: Could definitely send you my e-reader I never use if wanted.

Oh I would adore that. I never know how to modestly accept gifts, but my birthday's coming up next month and I was considering getting one, so it's at least not a non-sequitur.

Then you can consider it yours once you dm me your address!

Been reading Horror Movie by Paul Tremblay. I really liked Cabin at the End of the World, kind of. I'm also kind of enjoying this one. I think they're both just more cynical than I am, but the real-feeling human interactions keep me reading.

babu baba baby