Twitter under Elon Musk

jeeeesus christ

oh my GOD idk how i didnt think it could get worse than making you log in to see replies this shit is like asinine

[Image: n178ncz.png]

This is a couple months old but I only just learned about it on my dashboard, looks like it's rolling out to more regions:

X, formerly Twitter, tests charging new users $1 a year to use basic features

Quote:X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, announced Tuesday it is testing out a subscription model in which it will charge new users $1 a year to use basic features.

The social media giant said it was launching its "Not a Bot" annual subscription method in New Zealand and the Philippines as a test run. Existing users will not be impacted during the test.

"This will evaluate a potentially powerful measure to help us combat bots and spammers on X, while balancing platform accessibility with the small fee amount," X said, adding that the charge won't be a "profit driver."

Users who create new accounts will verify their account with their phone number and then pay $1 USD. They will then be able to use key features like posting, liking, replying to, reposting, bookmarking and quoting posts. New users who opt out of the subscription will be relegated to "read only" functions, such as reading posts, watching videos and following accounts, according to X.

and I think to myself, what a nightmaaare world

babu baba baby

Quote:New users who opt out of the subscription will be relegated to "read only" functions, such as reading posts, watching videos and following accounts, according to X.

This is so funny because, like, the main form of spam on the site now seems to be bot accounts following people in mass amounts. Sure, bot replies have always been annoying, but this is not going to stop bot nuisance at ALL.

Orteil42 (cookie clicker dev)'s Twitter account got hacked by cryptobros and Twitter approved a "verified business" checkmark for them. Cool!

babu baba baby

Here's what he's doing with his site nowadays

Twitter user esjesjesj says "Elon stayed up all night posting. He’s posted 159 times in the last 24 hours. All culminating in an objectively awful poem a sixth grader could write about how religion is good even though he’s an atheist. At this point I can’t tell if he’s taking too much or not enough ketamine." Elon Musk says "Atheism left an empty space. Secular religion took its place. But left the people in despair. Childless hedonism sans care. Maybe religion’s not so bad. To keep you from being sad."

babu baba baby

Why does he get the ketamine and not me huh

I don't want this to come across as spending more than a couple seconds thinking about an Elon Musk poem but I think OP is wrong this is clearly an atheist sixth grader's SCATHING SATIRE of how people in Society don't know how to be happy without religion