childhood psychic damage memories

Oh man I have been thinking about this. This thread is one of the hardest questions I have ever been asked. This is one of my favorite topics ever. It was like, one of the first things I started blogging about.

I will come back to this for sure. I will probably post a LOT in this thread but I don't want to take it over so I'll try to let other people take turns.

For now, I'll start with one that I actually have a video recorded of me talking about and still just haven't gotten around to editing (I'll be using another person's Let's Play for this post): FUCKING SHEEP RAIDER.

Sheep Raider is a Looney Tunes licensed PS1 game about Ralph Wolf, who you might not have even known was a separate character from Wile E Coyote. Ralph Wolf's goal is to steal sheep from Sam Sheepdog or risk being pummeled into paste. It's an incredibly bizarre game, cycling from bullshit stealth sections to OK platforming to bullshit puzzles.

Oh yeah and it gave me nightmares

• Level 2, with its impenetrably thick PS1 fog and introduction to the stealth premise, was bad enough it actually did give me a series of bad dreams. What were the dreams about? Just playing this fucking level.
  • Level 8... in order to progress you have to TIME TRAVEL... TO LAVA WORLD. WHYYYYY. This one was so uncharacteristically bad I was certain it was part of another Looney Tunes game instead of this one. Made worse because I didn't understand that you were traveling back in time and for some reason thought you were traveling forward to a bad future
  • But oh my god, Level 10. Look at the pan-over. Cannons that shoot you! An evil castle! BEES! And... oh and Gossamer. FUCKING LOW-POLY GOSSAMER.

Cannot emphasize enough that Gossamer haunted me. My mom made fun of me because the episode he's from is one of the funniest Looney Tunes episodes and he's just generally stupid-looking, but seriously in this game he is nightmarish. My wife was incredulous until I showed her and then she understood. Fuck this game. Pretty good soundtrack tho

babu baba baby

Messages In This Thread
childhood psychic damage memories - by huckleton - 12-20-2023, 07:29 PM
RE: childhood psychic damage memories - by cheet - 12-21-2023, 03:40 AM
RE: childhood psychic damage memories - by brilokuloj - 12-22-2023, 01:01 AM