Crafting General Thread
Bliss 

do you do crafts? maybe you should. it's fun!

here is a thread where you can post any crafts you've made! what constitutes a craft? literally anything. post WIPs, finished projects, ideas, discussion, comments, whatever you want.

(i am also making this thread on the homebrew deviants forums because fuck it why not. forum friendship!)

let me start...

we've started plushmaking for the first time in over 10 years! we're starting how we did back when we were kids, with socks as a primary material. our supplies are pretty limited at the moment, but once we move to our new place and get settled in, we should be able to start thrifting and getting primarily vintage supplies. feely is even going to give us a sewing machine! [Image: tcp_blush_small.png]

here are our two plushes we've made so far:

[Image: 2_26_08_24_2_30_08.png]

[image description: a blue, quadrupedal plush made out of blue socks, rainbow striped fabric for the ears, and buttons for the eyes and nose. its eye buttons are round, and are each yellow and red, and its nose button is a giant pink heart. it has a red thread smile, and looks pretty smug. it is also lopsided, and the head is messily attached.]

neither of these guys have names yet, but this is our system's plush. he is a little weirdo! everyone keeps calling him a bat. his ears are a diff fabric due to us uh. cutting the head badly. and don't ask me what his back legs look like. we might give him a tail eventually!

[Image: 2_26_08_24_3_23_02.png]
[image description: a solid orange sock plush, complete with an extremely lopsided body and massive bunny ears. its small button eyes are yellow, and it has a blue starfish nose and a shy stitched mouth.]

okay, well. as it turns out, i'm a lot less skilled at plushmaking than bit. plural skill difference continues to be a thing, especially with something we haven't done in 10 years. even so- we made this guy for como, and como loves it. it helps that we aren't distressed at all by lumpy or "misshapen" plushes- we just want to make little guys, and it's fun no matter what. the construction's pretty solid, too! i learned a lot.

i really want to make more of these. like, a lot of these. i'll probably wait until after our move on the second to do so, but man! we're cookin!

these things are also stimmy as fuck. seriously, best plush to aggressively squeeze- and they love it. they really do.

Messages In This Thread
Crafting General Thread - by skinstealer - 08-26-2024, 03:39 AM
RE: Crafting General Thread - by skinstealer - 09-08-2024, 12:42 AM
RE: Crafting General Thread - by huckleton - 09-09-2024, 12:18 PM
RE: Crafting General Thread - by cheet - 09-10-2024, 12:13 AM
RE: Crafting General Thread - by skinstealer - 09-19-2024, 02:13 AM
RE: Crafting General Thread - by skinstealer - Yesterday, 10:11 AM