About IHATEART

First, watch this video.

Actual About

In 2018, I soft-launched my first idea for a disabled artist community. I hosted small community events where people would write stories, draw art of their less appreciated characters, and support each other.

In the end, my main obstacles were burnout -- and honestly, probably the name, which had an F-bomb in it. I refused to make it less vulgar, but in the end, The Algorithm ™️ won. I quietly shelved my project.

Until today! I do believe I am finally ready to make a serious effort this time around. With you guys' help, I think I can make a serious community for supporting each other in these times.

You do not have to consider yourself disabled or an artist; I won't make you prove either. If art is something you enjoy and struggle with, you're welcome here.

We have a Discord server! Membership is currently closed unless you are a direct friend of one of the members; moderating real-time chatrooms is a big responsibility for me.

this is reminding me of something i've been asking people lately - the question of "how do i support my artist friends when i don't have an income?" needless to say i'm very interested in a community that may share these goals. i have tried to start public discussions around supporting disabled artists and the results have been unproductive so far

Yes indeed! I would say my number one goals with this group have always been signal boosting each other, and making more coherent resource lists than just #resource tags on blogs, or God forbid unorganized bookmarks (points at self). I believe the number one enemy of the disabled artist, at least in my and friends' experiences, is the monotony of loneliness. If we all have to do shit alone in the corner, it should at least be the same corner.