EVENT #1: Self-Referential

HOW TO ...

To participate in any event, merely share your entry in this thread, along with any shareable crossposts (Twitter, Tumblr, etc). Then do your best to share or react to other people's entries; I won't expect you to do everything, I just ask that you try not to play favorites.

There are no winners and no prizes. The goal is merely to hold each other up.

With Art Fight on the horizon, many of us are already tasked with the known slog of making up-to-date reference sheets for our characters. But just as many of us are likely not participating due to burnout, or because we don't draw, or any other reason.

This is an attempt to make Art Fight less of a panicky, FOMO-inducing chore: let's all make reference work, at our own pace, even if we have no plans on participating in any online games next month.

Expected end date is July 1st.

Optional Mini Challenges:

• Figure out what you hate the most about making reference work, then try to simplify that (e.g., messier inks, shorter biographies, etc)

• Make a reference for a character that you expect won't get a lot of gift art

I personally hate doing reference art, but I must, so here's part one of assuredly many:

[Image: 1c0e80a6987b056a37b7520acf0375b7b42e4325.png]

Personal challenge notes

• Again, hate drawing references. Tried to forgive myself and do sloppy lineart. I think I like it more than my clean lines.

• I don't anticipate Alex getting much art. Even for people who draw humans, I imagine they'll pick Josie first, MAYBE Xander... but I forced myself to draw my scrimblo first.

Shareable Links

Back at it again:

[Image: 1a420943ccc63121ef0ab62e4bf29b49a3c6368c.png]

Shareable Links

not quite "reference sheets", but i've been refreshing my character icons for my artfight characters! they technically work as front-facing references too since i'm one of those people who draws everything in 3/4 angle

[Image: iconsamples.png]
left -> right top -> bottom: labby, R.K., sherwed, sunstar, an unnamed roblox OC, vyn

i also did a vector fullbody of labby because!!! her old reference was Rough.

[Image: labby2023.png]