Eleventy guides

https://brila.eggware.xyz/blog/making-yo...-eleventy/

I'm working on the future website for IHATEART. In the meantime I'm using it as an excuse to write some basic Eleventy guides. Here's my first one, and I'm willing to take requests for any future topics you'd want to see covered.

babu baba baby

a while ago i made my own 11ty/ssg guides of my own: explaining static site generators and my eleventy setup. i am not sure if they're well written but they are pretty direct into the way i approach 11ty web dev!

actually in fact there's a guide i've been wanting to write for a little bit but have never gotten around to. it would probably be useful in the IHA library though, basically just a guide on what webmastery and webhosting Is!

i was a programmer for several years but i only worked up the interest to get my own domain+server because i had One Friend (out of all my friends there was only One Person) who was paying for their own domain and server. then i didn't get the confidence to do it myself until i met mortis and got to work directly with the HD website "backend"

i would probably format it as an instruction guide on how to get your own, because just having people explain what it is never really helped me vs. learning what they did to get a website going. in this case, renting a web server, renting a domain, connecting to a remote server with SSH, and transferring files into it

(11-18-2023, 04:58 AM)huckleton Wrote: actually in fact there's a guide i've been wanting to write for a little bit but have never gotten around to. it would probably be useful in the IHA library though, basically just a guide on what webmastery and webhosting Is!

i was a programmer for several years but i only worked up the interest to get my own domain+server because i had One Friend (out of all my friends there was only One Person) who was paying for their own domain and server. then i didn't get the confidence to do it myself until i met mortis and got to work directly with the HD website "backend"

i would probably format it as an instruction guide on how to get your own, because just having people explain what it is never really helped me vs. learning what they did to get a website going. in this case, renting a web server, renting a domain, connecting to a remote server with SSH, and transferring files into it

Absolutely yes, this would be wonderful! In fact I only recently set up a SSH key for my website, after a billion years of using FTP password logins. If I had known it would be easy I would have done it a lot sooner, and in fact it was harder than it needed to be because it turns out on Dreamhost you have to manually turn on the ability to access your site through SSH and not just FTP...

babu baba baby