Nick's Kitchen

The Whole Roast Chicken. Because my house is poorly built by my dad, the kitchen has the staircase that leads right up to the smoke alarm so anytime the oven is over 425, it goes off. So I have to play temp to time ratio for bigger roasts like this whole chicken.

[Image: IMG_2736.jpg]

And then somehow, everyone came over (By everyone I mean my brother's family that lives diagonally to me and then my other brother and his girlfriend, so 6 additional people) so this thing got picked clean.

[Image: IMG_2737.jpg]

Not a cooked item but my parents are Yard Salers so they get a bunch of stuff and sometimes I take things as tribute for running the house for them and I got this very very nice silverware set.

[Image: IMG_2729.jpg]

I'm gonna play the formal place setting saw trap with Feely for the rest of our lives to my great enjoyment.

[Image: 360_F_65366859_IR6zKNMZJalDhJjlxpGbMiNeh8TyVYgd.jpg]

I'm skipping times I got take out I didn't make that. Anyway I made this weird pasta dish and the comments are right, there needs to be less pasta in this.

[Image: IMG_2761.jpg]

Nearly the set it and forget it meal, pork chop and rice and carrots.

[Image: IMG_2765.jpg]

Baked chicken thigh (Split from chicken leg quarters) and pasta with sauce (That I put a bunch more garlic in) and a salad (not pictured). I usually hate pasta and sauce, but if I change it a bit I like it better.

[Image: IMG_2767.jpg]

Yes I made soup for a 90+ degree day. It's a creamy tortellini and sausage soup that I sub out the milk with heavy cream bc otherwise it's very weakly creamy and weird.

[Image: IMG_2770.jpg]

I made 90 chocolate chip cookies as a gift to myself. I'll be very happy to have them in the freezer.

[Image: IMG_2775.jpg]

It's barbecue night. Hey do you know that a country style pork rib is a shoulder cut? Do you know that it gets really tender and nice if you cook it with salt and pepper (covered with tinfoil) at 275 for 2 hours and then uncover it, drain off the juice, and barbecue it and send it back in for 1 hour at 300? 
Well, I'm glad I know this because my mom used to boil them and just put barbecue sauce on them and they were done. They're usually on sale too, so that's great!
Also you should only boil corn for like 5-8 minutes and not 30 like my mom did.
Don't cook like her.[Image: IMG_2776.jpg]

Made breakfast dinner. I'm not fond of breakfast dinner because my mom uses it as a way to 'not make me make dinner' but in order to Have breakfast dinner, something must be made for it. And if I don't (Make bacon/pancakes/waffles/a frittata) then I haven't made dinner and that's soooo sad. So I limit it to once a month. In my moms dream life no one makes dinner and we just 'Eat what's in the house' aka. Leftovers until there is mysteriously no leftovers because no meal has been made that generates leftovers. Doesn't make sense.

[Image: IMG_2790.jpg]

Time for the cooking backlog.

Chicken and baked potatoes (With leftover bacon from the day before). There were also russet potatoes but I don't like baked russets much. Not pictured, salad.

[Image: IMG_2917.JPG]