Nintendo vs Piracy

this made one of my friends look up patents for nintendo/the pokemon company and holy shuit who the hell writes these things. check this out

Quote:An example system includes: a contactless communication unit for performing contactless communication with a data storage medium having a contactless communication function; a data acquiring unit for acquiring data stored in the data storage medium by the contactless communication unit; a display processing unit for displaying at least one content stored in a content storage unit and a content according to data acquired by the data acquiring unit on a display unit as selection objects; a selection accepting unit for accepting selection by a user for a content displayed by the display processing unit; and an information processing unit for performing information processing pertaining to a content, which is an object of selection accepted by the selection accepting unit.

this is how they describe the technology used in the Pokemon Rumble U NFC Figurines and amiibo

the image actually used for the rumble figure patent is making me kindof crazy right now actually

[Image: 1ae5d31d-cc13-4872-a340-978815160f8b.jpg]
i dont see why you would ever use frog or rabbit given mouse is a direct upgrade over both. though cats more well-rounded build might give them all a run for their money

Strong units. Weak units. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Users should try to win with the contactless communication units they love best.