Server Intro (Lore)

So You Thought You Died, And You Didn’t, We Promise: A Beginner’s Guide

If you’re anything like the rest of our wonderful residents, the chances are high that you woke up on a shipwrecked boat. You probably thought that you had not survived your crash, at first, and as you wandered into the flower fields, you may have developed the delusion that you are now in some kind of heavenly paradise. This is absolutely false! Welcome to Nariko, where you are most assuredly not dead!

Like many people who nearly died, but did not, you probably have some questions. We will do our best to answer them!

Questions, and Answers

Where am I now?
Your boat is conveniently wrecked on Shaumo Coast, a tidy little beachside port with not a lot to say for it. You may not be impressed now, but make your way south and you’ll find the bridge to Nariko, your new home!

And what a home it is - we have everything an aspiring adventurer could ask for! A well-stocked library (doesn't exist yet), a warehouse with resources provided by our loving residents (doesn't exist yet), farms for all of your major needs (kinda), and plenty of space to build whatever you want (please don't build inside Nariko)! Oh my, this document is ancient, isn't it?

What was I doing on that boat?
You were one of the crew of the esteemed S.S. Houndstooth, which was some kind of boat doing boat things out in the ocean or something! You were a crew member - maybe even the captain! - and you survived when the boat disastrously beached itself. Plenty of your fellow surviving crew members have already woken up and settled comfortably into town - why not join them? Or don’t!

How many other survivors were there? What exactly was your role on the boat? And WERE you the captain? We’re moving on to the next part now!

Why are you making me live in this town?
We’re not ''making'' you! You have the choice to leave at any time. In fact, if you’re thinking about leaving, you’re free to go through the Underside and dump yourself off at a remote location! It’s no skin off of my nose!

But why did we even build this generous and idyllic little village for you to live in, free of charge and with all amenities provided for? That’s because we believe that a happy community is one that works together! We don’t really believe in things like “leaders” or “organization” or “centralized government”. We think that if everybody works together, everyone will get what they want! Isn’t that nice and fun?

Also Check Out…

Well, we’ve got fucking nothing to see right now. Watch this space! Come back later!

babu baba baby