[Stardew Valley] Honeycrisp Farm Journal
Scrooge 

hi. i recently started a new modded playthrough of stardew valley because youtube keeps recommending me videos of people doing wild challenges and i keep goddamn thinking about it. i thought it would be fun to try liveblogging it casually

there's a couple QoL mods thrown in (non-destructive npcs, automation) but the big mod to mention is stardew valley expanded, which adds a ton of new stuff that i'm not yet familiar with but is pretty solid so far. the other mods most worth making note of are

[Image: image.png]

uhm. well im not going to lie to you theyre furry mods. theyre mods to make everyone anthros. admittedly i do have a couple stylistic gripes with the "anthro characters continued" mod but i just felt kinda weird being a damn animal while everyone else was normal

anyway. it is currently the last day of spring. will do a quick rundown and then post at certain milestones or when i feel like it

the current farm setup is................well not particularly impressive right now. ive kindof been putting stuff wherever until i have the time and resources for a slightly more organized layout
[Image: 413150-20240227232831-1.png]

ive been gradually chipping away at the community center bundles (and checking with the traveling cart to snag some seasonal stuff a little earlier than usual) but i dont have any of the big stuff unlocked yet. i am very close to getting minecarts though which will be a huge help for getting around quicker

[Image: 413150-20240227232540-1.png]

ive also been chipping away at the museum. i've been following this layout to ultimately get something that looks nice if im able to find all of it. unfortunately i am struggling to find a source for it because it came up as a damn pinterest upload Not Coping will update if i am able to find the original

(02-28-2024, 05:56 AM)cheet Wrote: i am very close to getting minecarts though which will be a huge help for getting around quicker

ok well i didn't realize i had a single gold bar laying around. convenient though i can get around town like a damn champ now

END OF SUMMER (YEAR 1)

got a fair bit more done than i honestly expected which is always nice... i got to the bottom of the mines, bought a coop and some chickens, and upgraded my axe so i could get hardwood for a horse stable. this is actually my first time getting a horse its very convenient

on the topic of horses, though...

between the last day of summer and the first day of fall my horse got transmogrified into a different color. he has been the same since. i dont know why this happened. kindof awesome though

i would really like to get more into animals this season, especially because crop money obviously gets Very scarce in winter. i think it'd be especially good if i can manage to unlock the desert and start getting dinosaurs for my coop. in the meantime though i will probably work on upgrading the stuff i have and growing the crops i need for bundles

what do the dinosaurs look like....

VANILLA ANSWER: this

[Image: Dinosaur.png]

MODDED ANSWER: dude i have so many alternate animal skins i honestly have no clue. here's a couple of them though
alliju's pterodactyls
more dinosaurs
elle's new coop animals
dino velociraptor
i have a mod that picks a skin at random from the ones i have installed so its like a damn gachapon capsule ‼️

ouuuugh this animals. really really good, we've never seen these before!! never progressed super far in stardew.

me neither! the farthest ive gotten before was the end of year 1 but there is a TON of stuff i still havent done myself yet

DO NOT ENTER THE BUS WHILE RIDING A HORSE YOUR GAME WILL LOCK UP AND YOU WILL LOSE A FULL DAY OF PROGRESS‼️

END OF FALL (AND THEN SOME) [YEAR 1]

ok i got so wrapped up in the stuff i had going on i completely neglected to update this thread about it. a lot to go over

first and foremost:

got a couple more bundle sets done! these unlocked panning, calico desert, and the quarry respectively, all of which are very useful additions. the desert is especially notable because it means i now have access to the skull cavern, a successor to the mines that's a lot more difficult but is a pretty reliable source of iridium (and certain monster drops, but mostly iridium). i haven't made a ton of trips into it yet though because its a huge pain in the ass LOL

other events of note include...

[Image: 413150-20240304175421-1.png]
  • The Eggplant Incident, wherein i had to grow and ship 100 eggplants before the end of fall for a special order quest. this ended up being so many it boosted me up to level 10 farming (which was especially surprising considering that my highest level was in fishing for a really long time). i got a ton of money and a mini shipping bin out of this which was nice
  • becoming Best Friends with linus (which, apparently, was my first time getting 10 hearts with any character). the next highest friendship i've gotten with anyone so far is haley at four hearts, for reference. definitely a pleasant surprise i like seeing him when i go over to the mines or do some lake fishing
  • the stardew valley fair! ive been holding onto stuff for my grange display since mid-summer and im really glad it worked out. i originally just wanted the stardrop from the fair shop but i ended up getting basically one of everything else as well
  • FINALLY getting into animals, starting with chickens. at this point i do also have cows and ducks but i completely forgot to get screenshots of either of them Bubsy i really enjoy that one of my chickens is a dodo though. a lot of the animal reskin mods i got were for pets or specifically dinosaurs but i love these dodo retextures. theyre very sniling animals.

and last, but not least,

• i got another horse named josie.

this update was really really long i should probably try breaking them up a little more in the future. for the rest of winter given i have extremely few crops to worry about i think i am going to focus on upgrading my stuff and filling out the last few bundles available to me (most of the bulletin board and specifically the animal bundle in the pantry). even more than that though i would REALLY like to go hard on skull cavern runs, which is something ive both been looking forward to and completely dreading. the moment i get some damn iridium it is OVER

museum progress btw bc i keep forgetting to include it. very slowly chipping away at the collection

I HATE THIS FUCKING THING