Turkey Day 2023
Laughing Cow 

Whatever your opinion is on USAmerican Genocide Holiday #17374599573749 (and I think I've already made mine clear), there's one thing that can be said: I bought a turkey for less than a dollar per pound and I am gonna eat it.

How are you guys spending today? I, for one, am learning the horrifying truth of how much butter goes into Thanksgiving dinner.

babu baba baby

we are spending the day playing with toys and by that i mean using the grandma simulator utility to make lots and lots of presents for ourselves and friends and making second life avatars and petz hexes and and and

sometimes it's nice to have a day off just for playing

[Image: turkey%202023.jpg]

eated it

babu baba baby

Yummmm lol

our day was more American than usual. usually we have some japanese dishes mixed in w it too but nope it was all very traditional american stuff. the turkey turned out really good which means the family trick for making a good and juicy and not dry turkey is to not invite other people for dinner

(11-24-2023, 01:50 AM)huckleton Wrote: the family trick for making a good and juicy and not dry turkey is to not invite other people for dinner

This is so true, when I started having Thanksgiving meals with Will and Paula instead of my parents and other extended family, the food was so much better, partially because it was not trying super hard to impress others and we just made it to taste good.

we have yet to have our thanksgiving dinner yet but it is in the process of being made as we speak (west coast!)

I think the biggest secret to not having a dry turkey is being willing to buy a smaller turkey... which might actually prove the point being made here, since I guess most families buy a bigger one so it looks cooler on the table. But 13 pounds is more than enough. If you need leftovers, they sell turkey on discount through December, and making more than one turkey is always fun. And then you get poultry stock and soup and it's like one of them incremental browser games

babu baba baby

I did dog visits but it was kinda a light day (by choice). Needed it kinda lol been busy lately.
We had dinner earlier and I'm still full. Had it at the restaurant my brother works at so it was a buffet, and his boss made him take his break and eat with us for a little (it's a 12 hour shift (plus some) and bro is v much a "I will work right through this no distraction" person, so he had to take a break anyway.

Debating if going into Wawa for a drink is okay, I hate going into stores on holidays on principle but I need some caffeine. Eeee

The turkey looks amazing btw

Last year I gave Dunkin a piece of turkey giblet as a very special Thanksgiving treat and he reacted like he was the happiest boy in the world. This year, after MONTHS of him begging for me to give him raw chicken, he refused to even acknowledge it because he wanted his processed slop. Cunt

babu baba baby