casual forum roleplay interest check
Spyro 

i have been interested in light forum roleplay but it's hard to get a group or keep it going. still i would like to try something for the fun of it. i am mostly thinking a continuous thread with possible branch threads if they are needed

thinking some kind of continuous, collaborative worldbuild; you can do character actions of course but also we can work together to flesh out the world and establish contexts for future characters. also would like to open the possibility of making it easy to throw most types of characters into it whether they're pre-existing guys you have on hand or not

Something I'm planning on making eventually for this exact kind of purpose is a bbcode way to show a quick character profile, ie imagine a Wikipedia userbox but with an icon of the character and a brief description. Figured it would be a decent method for dropping new characters in and out of a scene without people having to keep track of them

babu baba baby

honestly until then it might be worth maintaining a character profile thread separate from the roleplay thread? for quick linking? okay i was talking about that one 1200 page roleplay thread on another forum yesterday but come to think of it that one had NO character profiles. people just did shit. that was crazy

absolutely interested, you know this by now lmao

had a thought of providing random animal encounters by cracking open spore and browsing the sporepedia until i get a good one. LMFAO

honestly this would be a good way to use our SL characters. they need to roam free

(03-16-2024, 08:19 PM)huckleton Wrote: honestly until then it might be worth maintaining a character profile thread separate from the roleplay thread? for quick linking? okay i was talking about that one 1200 page roleplay thread on another forum yesterday but come to think of it that one had NO character profiles. people just did shit. that was crazy

A profile thread is a good idea! And I imagine people could probably keep their character boxes in said thread, for their own quick copy-and-pasting, once I do make that.

I'm OK with people making their own threads for cataloguing their own characters. I'm also OK with a communal one but I'm always encouraging people to make their own threads when they want to because I want to make sure people feel comfortable making threads here. ok byebye I said threads three times and now beetlejuice zuckerberg is here

babu baba baby

now that im collecting shit tons of random pngs of things for my item database you know what, im considering some Trinkets Mechanic akin to ksb's pacts. except instead of pacts sometimes i will give you a png of a furby and tell you its haunted as fuck

PLEASE do this, we have been wanting to have like. Image Graphics for inventory stuff for rp for years. it is vital to our brain

also while im at it. fhe setting itself i imagined to be kind of surrealist? i wanna set up for unexpected events and also i have certain ideas for worldbuilding that i am interested in exploring. namely the Census Committee. they collect statistical data. anyone else have ideas they might wanna play with