Eggcraft 4 - Now Live!
Video Games 

Prerequisites

• Prism Launcher for your OS

• Crucial 2: Yolked, the modpack that Eggcraft runs on
  • Java 8 (you probably already have this if you've played Minecraft 1.16.5 before)
  • Patreon pledge of at least $1

How to Play

• Open Prism Launcher. If it asks you for a Java version, select 8.

• Create a new instance. Select Minecraft version 1.16.5. Under Import (left side), select the Crucial 2: Yolked zip.
  • There is one mod that will not automatically install. Prism Launcher will give you a link to download it. Download it to your default Downloads folder; Prism Launcher will automatically recognize it and copy it to your instance's folder.
  • Follow the Server Info thread from here if you don't know how to connect to Eggcraft.

Getting Started

• You will spawn on a small island. There will be a lectern on it with a book you can read.

• If you want to make any lore-compliant builds like personal houses, please wait at least a week for me to finish setting up Nariko!
  • If you want to build a dirt house or random shit, I would recommend going northwest from spawn (in the opposite direction of the Nether portal viewable from spawn) as I am working in the area southeast from spawn. In lore these will be considered ancient ruins.
  • If you just want to mine, you can help yourself anywhere.

Yes, the server is being launched extremely early. But I promised January 1st and I meant it, dammit!

babu baba baby

Answering this question here for visibility:

The "pinata" as we've been calling it is from the Quark Oddities mod. Here's how it works.

Quote:When a player dies, a Totem of Holding will spawn at the dead player's position. This totem will float around in the air, holding the player's items. Any player can retrieve the items the totem is holding by punching it a few times. (The totem won't spawn for PVP kills)

Do note that if the player who spawned the totem dies again, the totem will break and drop all of the items on the ground, like a normal death. The totem isn't an item - it just shows up for you.

1.18 or Prior: A player's totem can be located by crafting a Soul Compass, which is done using a Compass and a Soul Bead (from Wraiths, in the Mobs category; replace with an Ender Pearl if Wraiths are disabled).

The emphasis on that it's not an item makes me think it probably does not time out. Just get there and don't die again.

babu baba baby

Disabling the mod "Connectivity" (which I added at the last minute hoping to get connected glass back, but that went nowhere) seems to have resolved the client crashing when I disconnect from the server. You should disable it as well; I'll be removing it from future versions of the pack.

babu baba baby

Oh my god that is a different mod. Hold on.

babu baba baby

Okay, FUSION is the connected textures mod, which I still have enabled for now, but you're free to uninstall it if you want since it's optional and client-side and seems to do nothing. But CONNECTIVITY is apparently a connection-related mod. And disabling CONNECTIVITY, which I did at random because I thought it was the textures mod, stopped my client from crashing every fucking time I disconnected.

If you want to guinea pig for me I'd advise disabling Connectivity (you can do this in Prism Launcher's settings for the instance) instead of deleting it altogether, cos I have no idea yet why it's busted anyway, or if deleting it will break something.

This does make me wonder if this will finally fix the null logins we all seem to be getting. But it is lunchtime for me and I don't feel like signing in and out of the server a bunch of times.

babu baba baby

HOTFIX 4.0.1

Cheet asked me if I could implement a mod that would solve conflicting recipes.

Well. Instead of doing that, I have updated the modpack to have /minecraft/config/jei/blacklist.cfg, which was apparently the one thing stopping people from making illegal touys. If you don't want to redownload the whole pack I also have sent the blacklist file on Discord.

babu baba baby

HOTFIX 4.0.2

Turns out I didn't know the scripts that allow you to have such important recipes as motherfucking brass are clientside requirements!

Not having this hotfix will throw the error "Failed to synchronize registry data from server, closing connection".

Copy the folder /minecraft/scripts/ to your own instance, or download the hotfix on Discord (check #eggcraft's pinned) and extract the contents to your Minecraft instance folder. You've done it right if you can see /YOURINSTANCE/minecraft/scripts/recipes.zs.

babu baba baby

This post's formatting sucks but I am going to bed in like 5 seconds

Known issues

• Still getting "null" error despite disabling both Fusion and Connectivity

• Today multiple people were having that thing where it says "atlas stitching" and then shits itself and dies. People on google say it might be Simple Discord Rich Presence, anyone willing to try this? I'll try it tomorrow, I've had it disabled but maybe I have to actually remove it altogether

Future update potentially

• I have added Entity Texture Features to my own client with no issues. It re-implements Optifine's custom textures. I have yet to find a 1.16.5 mod that implements Optifine's custom models, but for now, this is "close enough" and I may go back to making stupid vanity mob retextures Eating Watermelon with Funny

babu baba baby

UPDATE - 4.0.3

I changed these from starting at 1.0.0 to 4.0.0 because that makes more sense right? Yes these numbers are basically meaningless. Shut up

Changes to server

Datapacks (all Vanilla Tweaks, you can look 'em up)

• armor statues

• custom villager shops
  • fast leaf decay
  • larger phantoms
  • nether portal coords
  • player head drops
  • villager death messages
  • xp management
  • dragon drops: drops 1 dragon egg per defeat, so you're allowed to slay the dragon before me now

Mods

• Chat Colours: Not having it clientside won't stop you from playing, but you won't see the text formatting unless you install it. I highly recommend it if you plan on doing any RPing, as I am requesting that people do their RPing in colored text.

In short, no action required on your part, but I do recommend Chat Colours.

babu baba baby

UPDATE - 4.0.4

• Disabled resource pack to see if that was what was causing the Atlas Stitching freeze, will probably keep it disabled until I’m willing to update it. You might have to delete it from your /minecraft/server-resource-packs folder.

• Re-pointed the XP Management datapack to Quark’s enchanting table block, seems to work now

All serverside, no action required.

I tried working on the passionfruit sorbet advancement issue but that was a complete dead end. As such, you can now get passionfruit sorbet from the orange cabin on the S.S. Houndstooth. (Literally has a picture of the sorbet next to the barrel you'd get it from)

babu baba baby