Furby 2023
Furby 2023 

New Furbies:

[Image: Qc5EuwA.jpg]

I........ DO NOT like them. I'm not gonna be a hater cos I can already see one of my friends likes them. Just curious to see if anyone else dislikes them as much as I do. I liked Furby for being creepy and this misses that. But I will admit to being a contrarian who liked 2005 Furby for the skinlips.

(Positive opinions are OK too!)

They're fucked up but the redesign looks a lot more on track with the current Girl's Toy design trends than the last couple reboots were, so they might actually sell. I don't like that they keep squinching the proportions down, I like that old Furby models look like animals and not like...a pompom with mascara.

I like the pattern in their ears though, that's cute.

Two points against it that have genuinely shocked me:

1. It does not have mouth articulation (the mouth is always in that vacant "yaaay" position), even when it's talking
  2. It is $70

The original Furby was $65 in today's money. Why are they charging more for less??? Another classic Hasbro moment

What the fuck...okay that sours me on them a lot more. What is a Furby without a mouth you can put fingers and pencils into?! And for that price...yikes.

Man, I can't get over the mouth thing. It instantly loses SO much personality with that one removal.

i like the box i think they should fill it with mild flavoured fruit snacks of some kind

[Image: 0v9XwcU.jpeg]

The box makes me feel like they squarshed it into a cube. It should have little feet it walks around on. Definitely fruit snacks for sure.

Wait why is "be" in "be my best friend" a different font from the rest of the phrase??

And why does it look like the reflection in the box Furby's eyes is...a forest? Scary.

"hey parents"

yknow the more Off details i notice the more i like this box
the forest reflection especially gets me into the epic reddit liminal spaces zone
strangely familiar furbies with unnerving furby vocalisations, as it were

It's like a person who looks like a fetus and only speaks in Shakespearean English

I just noticed the "DOES NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET" disclaimer at the bottom. I've seen that a lot with this new Furby generation for some reason. Are they trying to quell the age-old rumors, or appeal to parents wanting to give their kids non-online toys, or more likely, a combination of all that plus legal requirements?